Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Colossus


I pulled this out to shoot it and realized I really NEED a better copy. The jacket is pretty sad. This middle-aged lady looks better with her coat off. The skin underneath is near pristine, sharp green, no dings or age spots. Somehow I have drifting off into Anthropomorphic land. I'll stop.

I did shoot the heck out of it, with an all time (so far) high number of thirteen photos. And I realized that in the beginning of this blog I failed to take the jackets off my earlier hardbacks. I'll probably go back an re-visit those items.

So here you go, everything you wanted to know about the Knopf, First edition of 'The Colossus.' It has also given me the idea that maybe someone should put together a bibliography with photos, now that technology has made something like that easier to pull together.















3 comments:

Peter K Steinberg said...

I'm working on an illustrated bibliography - sheesh. Stop pressuring me!!

Yours
Peter

Laurie said...

Peter~
I didn't know this!!!
If you need any help let me know!

Amanda Golden said...

Whose line in the margin and underlinings are on the jacket text in the image of The Colossus?